We are an organization formed to support growth towards a deepening spiritual awareness and appreciation of life. Each of us has a unique path and we benefit from teachers and companions along the Way. We offer multi-day contemplative retreats and zen sesshins throughout the year, and have weekly meditation opportunities. In addition to this website, we electronically publish a newsletter three times a year and we maintain a list serve to keep members informed of Seven Thunders developments.
Ongoing Sittings in the Portland Area
See Sitting page for details
- Zazen at Stones and Clouds zendo, Monday Evenings, 7:00 pm
- Next "First Saturday Sitting" at the Trappist Abbey is June 1st
- Other sittings in Corvallis, Olympia, Port Angeles and Redmond - see Sitting Page
Zazenkai, May 18
At Stones and Clouds zendo, 9:00am to 3:30pm. A brief memorial service will be included to commemorate the first anniversary of the death of Fr Pat Hawk Roshi.
Zen Sesshin Scheduled for 2013
- July 9-13, at Stones and Clouds. More detail on Retreats Page.
- October 14-18, McKenzie Bridge.